AWS Lambda is an responsive cloud computing service from Amazon web services. Which develops actions in the application and give responds by deploying the user defined programs such as functions.
In general lambda automatically manages the complete resources that are available in all zones and increase them whenever a new actions raised.
Navigate below to Understand what is AWS Lambda:
With using Lambda, you can able to run code in virtual mode for all purposes and all types of applications, and also back end services without any administration.
Amazon Web services Lambda gives you a best feature that offers that you can simply transfer your code and it will deal with entire code and do everything required to run and scale your code with high accessibility.
You can set up your code to run in auto mode and trigger from different AWS administrations or services and also you can call it straightforwardly from any web application.
The code you keep running on Amazon web services Lambda is going to upload as a function which is known as “Lambda Function“. Each function have its own related configuration data.
For example, function name, description, entry point, and all required resource prerequisites. We have to remember that the code should be written in a “stateless” pattern for example it should accept there is no affinity to the basic process compute setup.
A function is a little bit of programming and logics that does a particular task to fulfil your needs. Recently developers are using AWS Lambda to code and run its functions in light of explicit occasions in other Amazon cloud administrations.
Every Lambda function keeps running in best and safest computing platforms with its own resources.
At the point when AWS Lambda functions are called, the storage capacity and calculated resources for that particular function turn up consequently as a metered administration.
Now Developers can easily able to list, erase, update and monitor all the functions through the Lambda dashboard. They can also perform these actions with the help of Software development kit or with the help of Command line interface depends on their requirements.
Check the following Official Video from Amazon AWS Lambda.
Configure Steps for AWS Lambda
To Successfully Setup or configure AWS Lambda check the Following Steps Carefully.
- At First you have to sign in to your AWS Account.
- In AWS Service Selections You Need to select Lambda.
- Now Select Blueprint which is optional and click skip.
- Fill the required form details to create a Lambda function as shown in the below img and do paste the Node.js code that will be alerted automatically whenever a new item is created in DynamoDB and check all the required permissions.
- Now click on Next and verify details.
- Then Click the Create Function to create. Now, at this point if we select the Lambda service and select the Event Sources tab, there will be no records. So add at least one source to the Lambda function to work.
- Now you need to select the stream tab and associate it with the Lambda function.
- Add a few entries into the table of DB. At the point when the entry gets included and saved, at that point Lambda administration should trigger the function. It very well may be confirmed utilizing the Lambda logs.
- To see logs, select the Lambda service and snap the Monitoring tab. At that point click the View Logs in CloudWatch.
Now you have effectively arranged and executed an AWS Lambda function! Presently, your homework is to play around with creating different functions activated by different sources.